About Jackie Nayar
Jackie Nayar is an attorney focusing on the continuum of events in the life of a family. Families go through several stages as they grow and change. Planning and preparing for each stage is essential. Jackie works with families to manage their changing needs, whether they involve entering into or dissolving committed relationships, having children, planning for retirement or for the needs of parents and older relatives.
Jackie was born and raised on Long Island. She received a Bachelors Degree in Sociology from the University of Rhode Island, and spent a semester abroad at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland. She went on to receive a Master of Science in Social Work from Columbia University, where she was awarded a fellowship by the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Jackie spent three years as a geriatric social worker at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York before attending law school.
After spending several years living and working in New York City, Jackie made the move to northern New Jersey where she clerked for a Judge in the Family Court and began her career in private practice. Jackie practices both in New Jersey and New York.
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark (J.D.)
- Columbia University (M.S.S.W.)
- Trinity College, Dublin (Study Abroad)
- University of Rhode Island (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Section, Young Lawyers Division
- Essex County Bar Association
- Hudson County Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Family Section
- New York City Bar Association
- Associate, D’Alessandro & Cieckiewicz, P.C., Jersey City, NJ
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Daniel D'Alessandro, J.S.C., Hudson County Superior Court, Family Part
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Paul J. Vichness, J.S.C., Essex County Superior Court, Civil Division
- Legal Intern, Medicare Rights Center, New York, NY
- Legal Intern, Richard McGuinness & Co., Dublin, Ireland
Other Professional Experience
- Geriatric Social Worker, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Social Work Fellow & Intern, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Social Work Intern, The Partnership for the Homeless, New York, NY
Other Professional Licenses
- Licensed Master Social Worker, L.M.S.W.